Oxfordshire Autism Alert Cards
FREE Credit card sized Autism Alert Cards
for under 18’s – see below if you want a card for an adult
For those with a child with autism you may already been in a position where you have had to explain the nature of autism and its associated behaviours.
The FREE credit card sized Autism Alert Card can be carried at all times and can be displayed if you or your child/young person are in a situation where you cannot easily explain about the condition or you need assistance.
The card will also assist any police or emergency service to identify that they are engaging with someone who has autism.
The Oxfordshire Alert Cards gives:
- Basic information about autism.
- Cardholders name.
- Names and telephone numbers of 2 emergency contacts (this could be a family member, carer or friend).
Ways to use the Card
- Carry your card whenever you go out
- Show your alert card when you need help or to give an explanation
- Show the card to NHS staff, police etc to tell them your child/you are on the spectrum
- Show the card to relevant people when you need assistance.
To obtain one of these cards
We have secured some funding, so currently the card is completely free and we provide the postage and packaging (this may change in the future).
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
Name of Child
Child’s Date of birth
Your Postal Address (including postcode)
District Council area: SODC, VOWH, Cherwell, West or City