Challenging Behaviour & Autism September-October 2017
Challenging Behaviour & Autism 2017
Back by popular demand!
This is a repeat of previous courses, and is intended for parents who have not attended a previous course.
A 6-week course for parents of children with a diagnosis of being on the
Autism Spectrum and living in Oxfordshire
Six Tuesdays ALL Sessions must be attended
12,19, 26 September 3,10,17 October 2017
Didcot Baptist Church
43 Wantage Road, Didcot, OX11 0BS
£40 per place (concessions available)
We will be looking at many aspects of challenging behaviour using both behaviour management and therapeutic approaches.
The course will be facilitated by Becky Loveless and Sam Burkin who provide our family support work.
There will also be input from guest speakers, including a young adult on the autism spectrum.
The course will be centred around the needs of the family, and conducted in a warm and friendly manner in which we may share both our wonderful and difficult experiences of the autism spectrum.
Participants of this course MUST be:
- Parent/carers of children who are diagnosed on the autism spectrum.
- Parent/carers who are experiencing challenging behaviour.
- Parent/carers who have fully completed a post diagnostic course, or have a good understanding of autism. Please contact us if you wish to clarify this.
- There is NO CHILDCARE provided, and it is not suitable for children to be present.
- This course is not for professionals.
- We run this course twice a year, offering venues across Oxfordshire and day or evening courses. The course will be in Autumn 2016 (Details TBC)
“The approach is practical and shows great understanding of autistic children, very refreshing to be told how it is straight, in a way that we recognise, rather than skating around the issues.”
The closing date for applications is Friday 21st July
Please click HERE for the flyer and the Application Form (a document will open in Word) Places will be confirmed soon after the closing date.
If you have any queries please contact Judith by email: email@example.com or call 01844 338696 (Judith, our administrator, works part time, there is an answerphone when we are not in the office, please leave a message)