One Day Workshop
A course for Parent/Carers of children on the autism spectrum
Managing Physically Challenging Behaviour
The course is only suitable for those who have fully completed an AFSO or SENSS Challenging Behaviour Course. Please contact us if you wish to clarify this.
Friday 9th December 2016
Exeter Hall, Oxford Road, Kidlington, OX5 1AB
£30 per place (concessions available)
This is a practical workshop focusing on break away and physical intervention techniques. The day will be led by two experienced facilitators:
Creative Therapist & Behaviour Support for ASD (Independent therapist)
Advisory Support Worker for Communication & Interaction Support Services (Oxfordshire County Council)
The course will include discussion about behaviour that challenges, the effects on the family, and techniques to help keep yourself and your child safe when your child displays physically challenging behaviour at home.
The course is:
- For parents/carers of children who are diagnosed as on the autism spectrum.
- Strictly for parent/carers who are experiencing physically challenging behaviour at home (not school only).
- Parent/carers who have fully completed an AFSO or SENSS Challenging Behaviour course.
- Parent/carers who have a good understanding of autism.
- There is NO CHILDCARE provided.
- This course is not for professionals.
- Please bring your lunch. We will provide tea and coffee.
To Book: Please complete the attached Application Form
OR email all the information requested to Judith: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 18th November
For more information call 01844 338696 (Mon-Wed or answerphone)
or email Judith at: email@example.com