Autism and Behaviours we find Challenging 2020
Back by popular demand!
This is a repeat of previous courses, and is intended for parents who have not attended a previous course.
A 6-week course for parents of children with a diagnosis of being on the
Autism Spectrum and living in Oxfordshire
Six Wednesdays ALL Sessions must be attended
26 February, 4,11,18 March, & 1 April
Chesterton Community Hall, 2 Geminus Road, Chesterton OX26 1BJ
£40 per place (concessions available)
We will be looking at many aspects of challenging behaviour using both behaviour management and therapeutic approaches.
The course will be facilitated by Becky Loveless and Sam Burkin who provide our family support work.
There will also be input from guest speakers, including a young adult on the autism spectrum.
The course will be centred around the needs of the family, and conducted in a warm and friendly manner in which we may share both our wonderful and difficult experiences of the autism spectrum.
Participants of this course MUST be:
- Parent/carers of children who are diagnosed on the autism spectrum.
- Parent/carers who are experiencing challenging behaviour.
- Parent/carers who have fully completed a post diagnostic course. Please contact us if you wish to clarify this.
- There is NO CHILDCARE provided, and it is not suitable for children to be present.
- This course is not for professionals.
- We aim to run this course twice a year, offering venues across Oxfordshire.
“The approach is practical and shows great understanding of autistic children, very refreshing to be told how it is straight, in a way that we recognise, rather … Read more »