Community Outreach Worker
Although historically a children’s service in January 2013 we extended our remit to include young adults. This new venture into adult services was a direct response to the growing need for support for adults, particularly adults with Aspergers Syndrome. Sam Burkin joined us as Community Outreach Worker and she supports 14-25 year olds on the autism spectrum, and their families.
You can refer a person to Sam by completing a Referral Form for 14-25 year olds
, email her, or call 07975 600625.
Oxford Aspies is an informal social group setup and run by adults with Asperger’s Syndrome, for adults with Asperger’s Syndrome.
- Run by Aspies for Aspies – Over 18s with Aspergers Syndrome
- Fortnightly social group meets in a pub in Oxford Town Centre
- The group is an informal social group and is not staffed
- Individuals must be responsible and attend on their own, or with a support person (family member, friend or support worker)
- Volunteers attend to help facilitate socialising
- Additional activities are organised by members (optional)
For more details please contact Gita Lobo on 07929 379125 or by email